Returning to Tennis after COVID-19
To keep the tennis and the wider community safe, we must all take responsibility to minimise the effects and spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
This page will contain the current guidelines and will be updated as the situation changes.
Please make sure you download the COVIDSafe app: https://www.health.gov.au/resources/apps-and-tools/covidsafe-app
The club has set out rules which must be followed:
- No more than 10 people total at the tennis section of the club at one time.
- Social distancing of 1.5 metres must still be observed.
- The club house will remained closed.
- There are outdoor toilets available for use near courts 4 and 5.
- Coaching will be limited to private and semi-private only.
- Singles and doubles social hitting is allowed.
- Play and coaching will only be allowed on courts 1, 3, 4, 6 only to ensure we respect social distancing.
- No sharing of equipment.
- Association Competition is not permitted.
- Only the players and coaches may attend the club, any spectators must wait in their cars.
- Everyone, regardless of their role, must arrive and leave as close as possible to when they need to at the venue.
- Bring your own filled water bottles, as you will not be allowed to use taps or fountains.
- Pre-booked coaching sessions will have priority over social hitting for now. Please contact Jess O'Meara on 0421 805 696 to make a coaching booking.
- Please contact Damien Whaley on 0417 350 546 or Daniel Shell on 0404 170 354 to make a booking to play (even social hitting). This is to help us ensure we are managing the number of people at the tennis section at one time. Night bookings can also be made.
- You must sign in and sign out using the “guestbook”. This will help us know who has been at the club and when. We will use this information to contact people if the club is aware of a person who has contracted Coronavirus and has been at the club.
- Any enquiries, or if you are unsure, please contact Damien Whaley on 0417 350 546 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
These guidelines are subject to change. This information was published on 17 May 2020.
Tennis Victoria have also provided information: https://www.tennis.com.au/vic/news-and-events/covid-19-community-tennis-return-to-tennis