Returning to Tennis after COVID-19
This information was updated on 9 November 2021.
To keep the tennis and the wider community safe, we must all take responsibility to minimise the effects and spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
This page will contain the current guidelines and will be updated as the situation changes.
Please make sure you download the COVIDSafe app: https://www.health.gov.au/resources/apps-and-tools/covidsafe-app.
Please keep checking back here or on Social Media for updates:
The club has set out rules which must be followed:
- Clubrooms can be open. Masks must be warn inside at all times. A density limit of 1 person per 4 square metres applies.
- Everyone 16 and over must be double vaccinated to play at the club. You must carry proof of vaccination and show it if asked. If you refuse then you will be considered as not fully vaccinated and will be asked to leave.
- All coaching can resume.
- All training can resume.
- Participants younger than 16 years of age are treated as a fully vaccinated person.
- As per the COVID-19 Vaccinated Activities Directions, in the instance where a person that has obtained certification from a medical practitioner that the person is unable, due to a medical contraindication, to receive a dose, or a further dose, of a COVID-19 vaccine; they are classified as an excepted person and are classified as fully vaccinated for the categories outlined above.
- Competition is permitted.
- Outdoor toilets are available for use next to courts 4 and 5.
- All courts are available for use.
- Competition will have priority over social hitting.
- Pre-booked coaching sessions will have priority over social hitting for now. Please contact Jess O'Meara on 0421 805 696 to make a coaching booking.
- Bookings are not required.
- Every person who visits the club must check in using the Services Victoria QR code or sign in using the “guestbook”. If you have not signed in, you will be asked to stop play and sign in. If you refuse you will be asked to leave.
- Any enquiries, or if you are unsure, please contact Damien Whaley on 0417 350 546 or email@example.com.
Tennis Victoria have also provided information: https://www.tennis.com.au/vic/news-and-events/latest-covid-updates-for-victoria.
Victoria Government has also provided information: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/sport-and-exercise.
These guidelines are subject to change.